Thursday, July 3, 2014

Our adventures in Ice Cream!

So we "won" an icecream maker- silent auction- its really nice, a bit of a pain (you have to soak it before you use it because is cedar). But since I spent money on it we are going to use it!!!!

Ice cream #1- The Westbend Vanilla mix- not bad- not great- it set up really quick the girls liked it.
Not a great pic- I know I'll do better next time.


So now I got some ice cream books- Ben and Jerrys, Amiple Hills and 2 others so now I'm going to roll with make ice cream ALL summer!  And I'm going to blog about them- all of them- I might actually get tired of ice cream- is that possible????

So Ice Cream #2- Ben and Jerry's Sweet Cream- 1 they say you don't have to cook the eggs- I did anyway- just to be on the safe side- I follow some instructions online. 
Right now I am making it- so I will have to update you on how it goes! 
So what have I learn so far- its only my 2nd try so this could change:
1. The machine is REALLY loud.
2.  You have to mix up you ice cream either the night before or in the morning and let it sit.
3.  You will go broke buying ice- so reuse and don't use as much as they say- go a couple inches above you ice cream line- add more if it expands.
4.  Freeze your container you are going to put it in- less ice crystals.
5.  Freeze your add ins- that way they don't get mushy!!!  I always wondered how that worked!
6.  Listen- you'll know when its almost done and ready for the add ins!
7.  Hadley doesn't like root beer floats- nope she doesn't!


No comments:

Post a Comment