Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Things I want Monkey to Know...........

I love English teachers!  They inspired me to write this list!   Some seem a bit cliche, some are serious and some are silly, but there is a time and place for all three!
My Sweetie Pie!
1.  How to bake cookies from scratch!
2.  How to quilt and the history of quilting in our family.
3.  How much her daddy and I love her!
4.  How truly blessed we are that we have her!
5.  That she has her daddy face, her mommy's hair and her great grandpa's ears.
6.  I want her to know her grandparents like her father and mother knew their grandparents.....life it very short and she needs to spend time with them!
7.  To know that no matter what her mommy says she can be a cheerleader or go out for band as long as she is an active member of society!  (That one was really hard for this volleyball coach to write)
8.  That every thing really does happen for a reason, we might not like it but it does!
9.  I want her to be able to laugh at herself!
10.  I want her to know her history.......the stories of painting churches and moon shine!  What I wouldn't give to hear both of my grandpas tell me stories again.
11.  Its ok to get a B, even if you get straight A's, sometimes that B is better than any A you ever got.
12.  There is a such thing as happy accidents, heck there was a whole art movement based on it.......life gives you lemons make lemonade!!!!
13.  Sometimes staying home on a Saturday night with your family is better than going out with your friends!
14.  That there was life before remote controls, satellite dishes, cell phones and the internet!
15.  Saturday mornings are for cuddling and staying in bed for a little while longer, dishes and chores will be there when you get out of bed!
16.  A good book is always better than a good movie-even if her daddy thinks its the other way around!
17.  Don't be afraid to stand on your own two feet, but know when to ask for help!
18.  What an encyclopedia and dictionaries are!
19.  That before Ipods there were records, 8 tracks, cassettes and cds!
20. Turn your buffer on......know when to say something and when to just shut your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment